Title: Blue Blood For Life
Author: Stacy Eaton
Narrator: Alex Black
Length: 8 hours 39 minutes
Series: My Blood Runs Blue, Book 3
Released: June 22, 2020
Publisher: Nitewolf Novels
Genre: Paranormal Romance
“You belong to me… for life…”
After a month off, Kristin comes back to work happier than she’s been in a long time. Her new status in life has her solving crimes faster and better than she ever could before.
When Alex goes missing, Kristin finds she finally has to reveal the secrets of her life to her friends. Will they be able to stand beside her after they learn all that she has hidden from them?
Julian and Gabe stand beside her faithfully as they try to locate Alex. They are surprised to find Trent already in Fawn Hollow, but know that Trent may be the only one to do what Alex has asked them to do. As one more choice is taken away from Kristin, she attempts to make the best of it, but finds herself drawn to Trent in a way Julian and Alexander could never compare to.
Trent goes to work with Kristin to keep her safe but will he be able to handle all that her police world entails? Can he handle the side of her that she reveals, the one that Alex and Julian know nothing about? When Kristin and Trent uncover the connection between her job and the kidnapping, they are finally able to put the pieces together, but can they get to Alex fast enough? Will Kristin be able to handle rescuing Alex and all that she learns in the process?
Join Kristin, Julian, Trent and Alexander as they dive into a new mystery that will have you turning the pages quickly to find out who is responsible and how Kristin’s life is forever changed once again.
My Blood Runs Blue Series is an adult paranormal action/romance series and is intended for mature audiences.
Q&A with Author Stacy Eaton
- Tell us about the process of turning your book into an audiobook
- It was so fun to see my characters come to life with the help of Alex Black. He made me laugh, cry, get angry and allow me to live through my characters one more time. As he finished, I would sit and listen, and nothing else would matter, because I wanted to disappear back into that world.
- Was a possible audiobook recording something you were conscious of while writing?
- The last thing I thought about when I wrote the first two books in this series was that they would one day be on audio. I do have to admit that I fantasized about them being movies, but never considered them for audio until a couple years ago. When I found Alex, I knew it was time to bring the series to life.
- How closely did you work with your narrator before and during the recording process? Did you give them any pronunciation tips or special insight into the characters?
- First, I have to tell you how much I appreciate the hard work that Alex put into these books. He has incredible talent, and is so professional, while still being personable. I loved working with him.
- I remember when he first started working on My Blood Runs Blue and sent me the first two chapters to approve. I still have the email saved.
- This is what I wrote back: “Fantastic job!!! I just got done listening and approved! Whoo Hooo!!! I was so disappointed when chapter 2 was over! lol. I was like – I want more!”
- That is how Alex and I communicated, we’d send short messages back – joking about the characters or the situations.
- If this title were being made into a TV series or movie, who would you cast to play the primary roles?
- For Kristin, I would probably suggest Deborah Ann Woll. She is intense but can be sweet. She’s portrayed a vampire before in True Blood, and I couldn’t totally see her bringing Kristin to life!
- For Julian, I would pick Scott Eastwood. She’s sexy and quiet, but a powerful presence.
- For Alex, I would pick Theo James. He’s quiet, intense, smooth and he can totally be in charge.
- For Trent, I’d pick Charlie Hannum. Sexy, intense, passionate, and kind of off the rails.
- What’s your favorite:
- Food – Pizza
- Song – it changes on a daily basis. I am a big music person, so one day it might be Ed Sheeren, the next it might be the Eagles, and then Bille Eilish and at the end of the week it might be The Doobie Brothers. It’s all in what I’m writing and who I feel like listening too.
- Television show – I think the Chicago shows are at the top of my list. I like that they blend together.
- Movie – Patch Adams. That movie is what inspired me to be a police officer.
- Sports team – I haven’t been into sports since college. So, I can’t say that I hae one.
- City – Hands down – Sarasota Florida. It is where I lived for four years growing up. My favorite place on earth. When I turned fifty, I took my family there on vacation and it quickly became a favorite of theirs too. If I could, I would move there tomorrow.
- Are any of those things referenced in appearance in your work?
- I talk about music in several of my books, and one book, Tempt Me Too, take place partly in Sarasota and partly in New York. The romance that happened between Sara and Max was based off my first love when I was sixteen, and how I had come back a few years later and run into that same boy and we the romance back up for the week I was there. However, unlike the story, that is where my true story ended. In the book, they see each other again many years later.
- What bits of advice would you give to aspiring authors?
- Make sure to get your books editing by a professional. There is nothing worse then having someone read your stories and smash you in a review for mistakes that should have been caught. I don’t care how many times you read over your own stuff, you will not catch it all. Pay for an editor, it’s the best investment you can make.
Stacy Eaton is a USA Today Best Selling author and began her writing career in October of 2010. Stacy took an early retirement from law enforcement after over fifteen years of service in 2016, with her last three years in investigations and crime scene investigation to write full time.
Stacy resides in southeastern Pennsylvania with her husband, who works in law enforcement, and her teen daughter. She also has a son who is currently serving in the United States Navy, and two grandchildren.
Stacy is involved in Domestic Violence Awareness and served on the Board of Directors for her local Domestic Violence Center for three years.
Be sure to visit www.stacyeaton.com for updates and more information on her books.
Sign up for all the latest information on Stacy’s Newsletter!
Alex Black is an articulate, engaging, and versatile narrator based in Cambridge, Vermont. He’s worked in theatre, film, audio production, and appeared on radio. As an accomplished audiobook producer with over 90 titles, he’s worked closely with independent authors and publishers.
He’s received more than 500 5 star reviews and specializes in Romance, Fantasy, Science Fiction, Apocalyptic, Mystery & Thriller, LGBTQ+, and Memoirs.
Plugging you into the audio community since 2016.