Title: Bittersweet Revenge
Author: R.G. Angel
Narrators: Charlotte Claremont, Robert Hatchet
Length: 10 hours 10 minutes
Series: The Patricians, Book 2
Publisher: Angel Production
Released: Jan. 22, 2021
Genre: Romance; New Adult
Esme had thought she was free, but a shocking revelation forces her to return to Stonewood.
There she must deal with life-altering secrets and lies, as well as face the consequences of running away.
Caleb is angrier than ever, hell-bent on punishing her for what he considers to be the greatest betrayal.
As she delves deeper into the past with the aid of unlikely allies, even more secrets resurface, making her and everyone around her question the very foundation of their lives.
As the clock ticks and danger looms closer, what will Esme sacrifice to get to the truth? What will Caleb destroy to get his revenge?
Q&A with Author R.G. Angel- Part 2
- In your opinion, what are the pros and cons of writing a stand-alone novel vs. writing a series?
- Umm. What I like about Standalones is that it allows you to visit something once and you don’t get bored – You get diversity but sometimes you realize that you may have had more to say or side characters to develop but you have to settle. What I enjoy when I write a series is I get to develop the world in unexpected ways. For example when I started The Patricians series I didn’t expect Antoine (one of the side characters) to capture my heart and then I knew I had to share his story. I like this element and it is the same here in The Cosa Nostra series I’m working on. I have three books to develop the world and I’m excited! But it is true that sometimes you can get a little bored or tired of a world and want to try something else.
- Have any of your characters ever appeared in your dreams?
- Yes, I’m working on a steamy Mafia standalone series right now and I have to admit that Luca, Dom and Andrea are haunting my dreams these days…..;)
- What’s your favorite:
- Food – Cheese!
- Song: Oh that’s a tough one! It all depends on the genre but I do love Show Must Go on by Queen.
- Book: I can’t pick one sorry! I read too much all the time.
- Television show: I am TV addict I can’t pick but here are a few of my favorites: Buffy, Schitt’s Creek, Psych, Charmed, Friends, House Md….
- Movie: Shawshank Redemption, The Other Guys and quite a few more.
- Band: Queen
- Sports team: The team with the hottest guys? Ah sorry I don’t watch sports.
- City: I don’t have a favorite city – I would like to explore the world but I do dream to visit New York one day.
- Are any of those things referenced in appearance in your work?
- Yes! Schitts Creek, Queen and cheese, lots of cheese lol.
- What bits of advice would you give to aspiring authors?
- To not give up and follow your own path. Don’t compare yourself to other authors out there. Some will hit it big after one book, others after 20 – It’s your story you’re living – the plot is different but it is still a success. Just write and see how it goes.
- Do you have any tips for authors going through the process of turning their books into audiobooks?
- Make sure you research the market and the indie publishing behind audiobooks as it can get quite complicated and is quite different from the books market. I was lucky to be working with very experienced narrators who helped me understand the market better and make informed choices.
I’m a trained lawyer, world traveller, coffee addict, cheese aficionado, avid book reviewer and blogger.
I consider myself as an ‘Eclectic romantic’ as I love to devour every type of romance and I want to write romance in every sub-genre I can think of.
When I’m not busy doing all my lawyerly mayhem, and because I’m living in rainy (yet beautiful) Britain, I mostly enjoy indoor activities such as reading, watching TV, playing with my crazy puppies and writing stories I hope will make you dream and will bring you as much joy as I had writing them.
Robert Hatchet brings the passion of a seasoned, classically trained actor to the intimate nature of an audiobook. Dynamic and expressive, he has his thumb on the throbbing pulse of each character he voices. “Oh my oh my oh my *fans oneself*… I’d read the ebook previously, but the audiobook turns the heat up to red hot! And Robert Hatchet’s voice – phew – I could listen to that for hours on end.“ – Google Play Review
Charlotte Claremont’s voice is an intriguing blend of youthful innocence, gentle teasing and just a hint of mystery. She loves telling the stories of spirited, complex young women on journeys to discover themselves… and the world around them.
Click here to view the full tour schedule!
Plugging you into the audio community since 2016.
2 Replies to “Audio Spotlight & Excerpt: Bittersweet Revenge + Author Interview”
This looks interesting.