Title: A Hundred Lies
Author: Jean M. Grant
Narrator: Rosalind Ashford
Length: 10 hours 23 minutes
Series: The Hundred Trilogy, Book 3
Publisher: Jean M. Grant
Released: Jan. 7, 2021
Rosalie Threston’s fortune-telling lies have caught up with her. Uprooted yet again, she’s on the run from a ruthless English noblewoman. She flees to Scotland and seeks refuge in the arms of a laird’s son who happens to be a real Seer.
A bloody past and inevitable future plague Domhnall Montgomerie. He avoids physical contact with others to ease the painful visions. When an accidental touch reveals only delight, he wonders if Rose is the key to silencing the Sight.
Mystical awakening unravels with each kiss. But can Domhnall embrace his gift in time to save her life, even if it means exposing her lies?
SImon and Gwyn from A Hundred Breaths
- Simon in 2 words: reluctant peacemaker
- Simon’s soft spot: his family and clan
- Simon’s sore spot: his mother’s illness & his guilt
- Simon’s strengths: family bond, fighting ability, quick wit
- Lie he tells himself: The sword is the only way. I can’t keep people safe.
- His tagline: Good will overcome evil.
- Gwyn in 2 words: gifted healer
- Gwyn’s soft spot: her brother
- Gwyn’s sore spot: her brutal father and a relentless Norse betrothed
- Gwyn’s strengths: grace, self-sacrifice, open mind
- Lie she tells herself: Healing can save all.
- Her tagline: Compassion and mercy will always prevail.
Alasdair and Deirdre from A Hundred Kisses
- Alasdair in 2 words: secretive loyalist
- Alasdair’s soft spot: friendships
- Alasdair’s sore spot: his father
- Alasdair’s strengths: loyalty, connections, compassion
- Lie he tells himself: I caused all the wrong in my life. I am too deep into this.
- His tagline: Faith requires little more than belief in the unknown.
- Deirdre in 2 words: cursed/gifted widow
- Deirdre’s soft spot: friendships, duty
- Deirdre’s sore spot: her mystical ability, pressures to marry; a big secret…
- Deirdre’s strengths: kindness, resourcefulness, determination
- Lie she tells herself: I am cursed and will never find love. I am an anomaly.
- Her tagline: A curse can turn into a blessing.
Domhnall and Rosalie from A Hundred Lies
- Domhnall in 2 words: sullen seer
- Domhnall’s soft spot: caring for people under his charge, and animals
- Domhnall’s sore spot: inability to touch (triggers bloody visions); guilt from past accident
- Domhnall’s strengths: intuitive, fair/just, meticulous, ever-vigilant
- Lie he tells himself: Though he is responsible for everyone, he can’t protect them.
- His tagline: Everybody lies, but I want to believe.
- Rosalie in 2 words:independent survivor
- Rosalie’s soft spot: taking care of her uncle, aunt, and cats
- Rosalie’’s sore spot: she lies for a living/wants to settle and find family
- Rosalie’s strengths: resourceful, resilient, pragmatic, adaptable
- Lie she tells herself: I don’t belong anywhere.
- Her tagline: Home and family are where my heart lays.
Jean has a penchant for the misunderstood be it sharks, microbes, or people (fictional and real). A scientist by training, she now spends her days as an author and champion for her children. She has five published novels in the genres of historical and contemporary romance, and women’s fiction. She also writes for family and travel magazines and websites. When not writing, she enjoys tending to her flower and vegetable gardens, tackling the biggest mountains in New England with her husband, and chilling with her children, while taking snapshots of the world around her and daydreaming about the next story. Find her on jeanmgrant.com.
I am also an Audible-Approved narrator and producer, and a member of both Actors’ Equity Association (AEA) and SAG-AFTRA, the unions for professional performers. (Bit of a mouthful I’m afraid.)
I was born and raised in Worcestershire, England and trained in Dramatic Arts—dance, drama and film—in conservatory programs at Madeley College and Keele University, UK. I moved to NY in part to pursue a career in theatre, in part to satisfy a strong wanderlust. Whilst I have, since then, performed onstage from Off-Broadway to regional theatre and on film and TV, I also detoured into other fields over the years.
Microphone training and a great deal of valuable voice experience was acquired as a radio presenter, and for a number of years I read Books for the Blind live on the air—great on-the-job training for audiobook narration! I have also done many voiceovers and radio commercials for national and international markets.
Click here to view the full tour schedule!
Plugging you into the audio community since 2016.
One Reply to “Audio Spotlight & Excerpt: A Hundred Lies + Character Profiles”