Title: Confessions of a Bookaholic
Author: Joslyn Westbrook
Narrator: Sierra Kline; Tim Paige
Length: 6 hours 4 minutes
Publisher: Fifth Avenue Publications
Released: Dec. 7, 2020
What happens when a book blogger accidentally publishes her digital diary online?
A viral shitstorm, that’s what.
No way did I want thousands of subscribers to read my confessions—yet, that’s precisely what went down last night after four too many Cosmos with my girls.
Now, Damage Control is my new middle name because my diary confessional has my roommate, Lucas Stone, written all over it.
I’ve been in love with him forever—well, ever since I saw him sprint across campus naked during our first year of college.
And now that Lucas knows how I feel about him?
Well, things are destined to get awkward.
Because Lucas Stone, my BFF—the man who sleeps only one room over—just got engaged.
And his fiancée isn’t me.
CONFESSIONS OF A BOOKAHOLIC is a steamy, friends-to-lovers, sports romance full of laughter and a tiny bit of angst.
Q&A with Author Joslyn Westbrook
- Was a possible audiobook recording something you were conscious of while writing?
- Yes, I always try to imagine how things – dialogue – would translate in audiobooks while I am writing.
- Are you an audiobook listener? What about the audiobook format appeals to you?
- Yes, I LOVE audiobooks. In fact, when my favorite authors release a book, I often wait until it comes out on audio before I purchase it. I am a busy mom, wife, and author and sometimes the only way I can commit to “reading” a book is via audio.
- Is there a particular part of this story that you feel is more resonating in the audiobook performance than in the book format?
- I believe Sierra and Tim did a phenomenal job bringing all aspects of Macy and Lucas to life. Especially toward the end where both perfectly captured the emotions.
- If this title were being made into a TV series or movie, who would you cast to play the primary roles?
- So, yeah. It would be a dream if Confessions of a Bookaholic made its way to the big screen. Lili Reinhart would play Macy Sinclair and Nick Bateman (Canadian actor/model) would make a pretty HOT Lucas Stone — in fact all my books would cast him as the hero, LOL.
- What do you say to those who view listening to audiobooks as “cheating” or as inferior to “real reading”?
- Listening to a book on audio is much like watching your favorite book become a movie. I mean, don’t get me wrong: I too love getting lost in a book. At the same time, narrators bring life to your favorite characters—make them more real than they are in a book.
- How did you celebrate after finishing this novel?
- Wine. Then sleep. Lots of sleep. And I spend a few weeks with the family before I go back into the writing cave.
- What gets you out of a writing slump? What about a reading slump?
- Hmm. Good questions. When I’m in a writing slump I stream a show that may be similar to the book I’m writing or want to write. It puts me back in that mindspace. And if I ever find myself in a reader slump – whether it’s a book or audiobook slump – I re-read or listen to one of my favorite books.
- Have any of your characters ever appeared in your dreams?
- Oh, gosh. ALWAYS!! Especially when I’m writing the middle of their story. They don’t leave me alone until I write THE END. Just like anyone else in my life who may appear in my dreams every now and then, my characters do so as well. They are real to me, people who have a story that needs to be told.
- What’s your favorite:
- Food – Pizza
- Song – Get Low (thanks to that movie The Proposal)
- Book – Wow! There are too many to name, but I loved the audiobook version of Tapping the Billionaire by Max Monroe
- Television show – The Bold Type
- Movie – The Proposal
- Band – This may tell my age, but I still love Metallica
- Sports team – Seattle Seahawks
- City – NYC
- What bits of advice would you give to aspiring authors?
- Keep writing and write the kinds of books you love to read.
- What’s next for you?
- FLING will release late spring with an audiobook to follow. It’s an off-limits best-friend’s-older-brother romance featuring a pro hockey player and a ballerina.
Wife. Mom. Foodie. Fashion Junkie. Rom-Com Lover.
Author of sexy rom-coms and feel-good contemporary romance, Joslyn Westbrook’s novels feature sweep-you-off-your feet heroes and the sassy, classy, badassy heroines who can’t seem to breathe without them. When she’s not writing, Joslyn can be found watching Netflix, cooking, shopping, and spending time with her husband and children at home in sunny California.
Independent Audiobook Award finalist Sierra Kline is a programmer by day, narrator by night. Sierra earned her degree in theater from Michigan State University, which she has been fortunate to put to heavy use both on the stage and in the booth. When she’s not lending her voice to multiple genres, from romance to LitRPG, she prefers the great outdoors and loves running, traveling, and backpacking.
Tim Paige is an audiobook narrator with a passion for rom coms, superheroes, and telling stories that provide an escape from the world (or a new lens with which to view it). A former full-time touring musician, Tim has played on some of the biggest stages in the world. He is the voice of “The More You Know” on NBC, and has provided voice-over for many national commercials, promos, trailers, and video games. When he’s not narrating audiobooks or voicing fun projects, you’ll most often find him playing pretend with his two sons, shouting at the television during Syracuse Orange basketball and football games, or cooking up tasty vegan treats.
CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE FULL TOUR SCHEDULE!
Plugging you into the audio community since 2016.
Sign up as a tour host here.