Title: Grave Stone
Author: Calinda B
Narrator: Alex Black
Length: 8 hours
Series: The Bloodstone Quadrilogy, Books 1-4
Publisher: Calinda B
Released: Oct. 17, 2020
Genre: Dark Fantasy
Revenge can be bloody. Vampires are deadly.
A number one best seller in Vampire suspense and mystery suspense!
I’m Lassi Finn, and I just want to get back to Dublin – unfortunately, there’s a score of murders preventing me from ever returning to my normal life.
I came to a small town in Ireland to bury a loved one, but now I’m caught up in a mystery of the supernatural kind. Three mutilated bodies show up on my doorstep before I even have time for tea, and the local detective knows more about me than he should. Not to mention the local priest is hotter than hell…oh, and did I mention he seems to glow, and not in the normal, “happy to see me” manner?
The killer isn’t just cold-blooded. She’s cold-hearted, literally. And I’m about to be her next victim. Either that, or go down for murder.
The beginning of a steamy, dark fantasy series, Grave Stones is the first book in the edgy and quirky Bloodstone Quadrilogy. Listeners will experience thrills, romance, and sexy nights while investigating the mystery of the monster who inspired Bram Stoker’s Dracula.
A New York Times, USA Today and #1 Amazon bestselling, award-winning author, Calinda B writes kick-ass heroines who don’t know their own strength. When she’s not writing, she’s been known to fall off ice cliffs; fire walk with Eastern Europe fire officials; or wake up from a six weeks coma, wondering how she got there in the first place. She’s been stuck in currents at Deception Pass in her kayak, and loves to swim with sharks. She greets every day with gratitude and an openness to what might be around the next corner.
She’s also an EMT serving her local community as a volunteer. Her tagline is, “Let’s go save some lives!”
With umpteen books roaming the universe and more in her head, you can find her at www.calindab.com. Or, if you want to stay connected, join the exclusive mailing list! http://www.calindab.com/newslettersignup.html
Alex Black is an articulate, engaging, and versatile narrator based in Cambridge, Vermont. He’s worked in theatre, film, audio production, and appeared on radio. As an accomplished audiobook producer with over 90 titles, he’s worked closely with independent authors and publishers.
He’s received more than 500 5 star reviews and specializes in Romance, Fantasy, Science Fiction, Apocalyptic, Mystery & Thriller, LGBTQ+, and Memoirs.
Book 1, Gravestones, features Lassi Finn and the town priest, Cillian Ward. Cillian is a cover-model worthy handsome man who spiritually guides his flock of churchgoers in the small seaside city of Ballynagaul.
I decided to ask him some questions to see how he would react in the following situations:
- Facing a bomb threat
- Calinda, you know me, and you know my secrets. Without revealing too much I can safely say if the bomb threat affected me alone, I would face it with a clear mind and willing resolve. I’m not afraid of death.
- If it affected my parishioners, or the town of Ballynagaul, I’d have to somehow remove the threat without revealing my secrets. That would be a tricky task.
- Finding out they are going to be a parent
- As this is impossible, I have no need to ruminate on such matters. Becoming a father would put the child in too much harm to consider.
- Running into an ex
- Awkward. She’d be dead.
- Attending a high school reunion
- What’s a high school again?
- Negotiating with a car dealer
- I have absolutely no experience in such matters. I don’t even drive. I’d probably “lose my shirt” as you Americans are fond of saying. (smiles)
- Spending the holidays with family
- Since my family consists of my congregation, I’ve spent many a holiday with families in the community. It’s always a pleasant affair as long as they don’t ask too many questions about my past.
- Being ‘snowed in’ in a log cabin
- I can’t imagine. We seldom have snow in Ireland. I suppose if I were with the right person or persons it could be enjoyable.
- Being told they have x months to live
- I’m not sure how to answer this as it might give away one of my secrets. Let’s just say it might be welcome, depending on the circumstances.
- Getting pushed into the pool at a party
- Again, this would be awkward for reasons I can’t reveal. Everyone would get a shock, I assure you.
- Being stuck in a foreign land with no money, no knowledge of the language, and no shoes
- As long as I could find a body of water, I’d find my way back to Ballynagaul.
- Suddenly being invisible
- Now this would be quite interesting. I could do my work without fear of being found out. Bring it on!
- Inheriting a haunted mansion
- It would be no different than the way I live now as you’ll find if you listen to the Bloodstone Quadrilogy.
- Winning the lottery
- I’d give it away of course. I have no need for money.
Plugging you into the audio community since 2016.